Fun For Children
Within the boundaries of the Estate we have created a number of exciting places where children can experience and learn about nature whilst having loads of fun! On arrival children will be invited to take part in the Balbeg Treasure Hunt. This is a great fun way to explore the area around Balbeg Estate in safety.
During the Treasure Hunt and your stay, the children will be able to see and use two outdoor play areas, large football field, nature pond with bird hide and picnic area, river, hill and woodland walks including an acre of “uninhabited” woods to explore. With a bit of luck they will catch site of our resident badgers, foxes, otters, birds of prey, roe deer, red squirrel, mink or even the elusive haggis!!
Signposted Estate Walks:
- Pond Walk – 15 minute flat walk around the nature pond
- River Walk – 30 minute walk along the edge of Balbeg Burn and returning through Balbeg Plantation
- Bennan Hill Walk – 60 minute strenuous hike up to the summit at Bennan Hill
Wildlife to Watch Out For:
- Geese and Ducks
- Brown trout
Play Areas to Enjoy:
- Playpark – with swings, castle with slide and roundabout the kids will spend hours in the fresh air (and out of your hair).
- Adventure Playground – climbing frames, swings and rope bridges all designed with adventure in mind.
- Football field – Balbeg has its own grass football pitch with goal posts where parents and kids can have a kick about or even arrange the family into teams.
- There is ample space for other activities such as rounders/kite flying, etc.