The following terms apply:
“Owner” shall mean Balbeg Holiday Lodges
“Customer” shall mean the individual who made the booking
“Tenants” shall mean the Customer’s party
1) The Customer warrants that the properties let are to be used for the purposes of a holiday and so accepts that the letting is a holiday let to which Section 12 (2) and paragraph 8 of Schedule 4 of the Housing (Scotland) Act 1988 apply, namely, “a tenancy the purpose of which is to confer on the tenant the right to occupy the house for a holiday.”
2) The Customer shall not sub-let the premises or any part thereof.
3) The number of people occupying the premises shall not exceed the number stated for the premises. In exceptional cases the owners may give permission for extra people to occupy the premises, in this case there will be an additional charge at the owners discretion.
4) The Customer binds and obliges himself to vacate the hired premises without demand at the termination of the period of hire.
5) Dogs are not to be left unattended in the property.
6) The Owner has the right to enter the property at any reasonable time for the purpose of inspection, repair work, etc.
7) In the following instances there will be additional charges:
i) For breakages, loss or damage: The Customer should report any deficiency which they notice on arrival, and any which occurs during their stay. Where appropriate, the Customer will be liable to pay the replacement cost of the item broken, lost or damaged.
ii) When Tenants leave the house, furniture or equipment dirty. The house will be in a clean condition on your arrival, and Tenants must leave it in a like condition. The right is reserved to make a charge for additional cleaning if the property has not been left reasonably clean.
iii) When Tenants overstay the departure time: Time is required between tenancies in order to check the house before the next Tenants arrive. Occupation of the house will be given at 4pm of the first day of the let. The house must be vacated by 10am on the last day of the let. The right is reserved to charge for an extra day if tenants have not left by 10am.
iv)Electricity – this is charged according to meter readings taken on arrival and departure. The charge is calculated at standard Scottish Power rate and will be deducted from the housekeeping deposit.
v) Dogs – tenants may bring one dog by arrangement. Extra dogs may be accepted at an additional charge of £15 per week.
8) The Owner may treat the booking as cancelled if the balance of the payment is not received 6 weeks before the arrival date, and every effort will be made to re-let the vacancy.
9) The Customer shall undertake to prevent any member of his party from causing a nuisance or disturbance to other residents, neighbouring occupiers or farm livestock.
10) The Customer undertakes to leave the hired premises secure if left unoccupied during the period of let.
11) The Customer undertakes to relieve the Owner from any liability for damage or injury, however caused, by any member of his party.
12) The Owner, his agents or employees, accept no responsibility for loss, injury or damage to any member of the Customer’s party or their property, howsoever caused, arising in any manner out of the let of the premises.
13) Deposit. A deposit of 25% of the total cost will be payable on booking along with a refundable ‘Good Housekeeping’ deposit of £250.00 per booking
The balance is payable not less than 6 weeks before the arrival date. You will be sent advance notification that the balance is due. If the balance of payment is not received by the stated date, the dates will be marketed again and the deposit forfeited.
14) Cancellation: Our cancellation terms are as follows: The Customer may cancel within 7 days of the owners’ confirmation of booking. The deposit will be returned, less an administrative charge of £25 per property per week. After this date the deposit is non-refundable in full, regardless of circumstances.
From 6 weeks to 4 weeks prior to the arrival date 50% of the balance will be forfeit.
From 4 weeks to 2 weeks prior to the arrival date 75% of the balance will be forfeit
Within 14 days of the arrival date 100% of the rental fee will be forfeit.
15) Disclaimer: The Owners have taken every care to ensure the accuracy of property descriptions on their web site and in their brochure, and all information is provided in good faith and is believed to be correct.
16) In relation to all properties the letting contract will be between Balbeg Country Holidays and the customer.
17) We require confirmation of your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
18) In the event that any individual term or clause stated in this contract is not permissible by law, the remainder of the Contract shall remain valid.
19) This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the Laws of Scotland and shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the Scottish Courts.
20) This does not affect your statutory rights.